gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

My daughters vw beetle 2006 manual trans, pulls to the left

Customer Question

my daughters vw beetle 2006 manual trans, pulls to the left when you accelerate, then to the right if you drive constant speed no pull.
Category: VW
Expert:  dr914jr replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest elevating the car and ensuring that all 4 wheels spin freely. It is quite common for them to develop sticking calipers.

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

You are going to have to have the alignment checked, and make sure there is no play in the tie rods for the steering rack and the busing in the suspension. The axle is shorter on the left side so will exert more torque to that wheel- but it sounds more like your a-arm may be shifting slightly back when accelerating, then going back to its rest position when you let off.