Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Trouble shooting CHECK ENGINE LIGHT... What is Code PO411?

Customer Question

Trouble shooting for a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT...
What is Code PO411?
Category: VW
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** code means your secondary air injection is not working properly. The secondary air injection pumps air into exhaust to clean up exhaust emissions. This pump will turn on at first cold start of day, if your not hearing the pump then pump has probably worn out. You can unplug pump and manually add power/ground to pump, if it doesn't turn on replace. The next common things to cause this code are the vacuum hoses going to combination valve to break or rot. If vacuum lines are good use a vacuum pump to see if you can open the combination valve, if not replace. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.