Mike, VW Mechanic
Experience:  34 Years of working on vehicle repair & Diagnostics ! ;)
9261905

Have a 2007 passat wagon. Jumpstarted sister in laws car and

Customer Question

Have a 2007 passat wagon. Jumpstarted sister in laws car and now I have an electric parking brake fault. The operator manual is almost worthless as to the info on the fuses. I do have a blown 20 amp fuse in the F15 slot but nothing I can find says what it goes to. The electric brake engages when the brake button is pressed and the car will not move, is disengages when pressed again and drives normally except for the chime and flashing brake fault messages lighting up. That is in the engine compartment fuse box, not the left or right side dash fuse boxes.
Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

The F15 fuse in the under hood fuse box is not related and possibly a short in the CAN BUS, (network) for the different modules.

.

It sounds like the EPB needs to be reset. You will want to check and replace any fuses that are bad and then do the reset procedure on it.

.

I can send that to your email address for a little as possible, if you like.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with it?

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I will send it to customer service, thank you for using the site and please come again, anytime

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello - MY name is MIKE..

The previous expert has opted out of this question and I have been asked to help you if still needed.

Let me know exactly where you are up to and we can then progress -

Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.. Im just checking to see if you need anything more on this or if we are done? Please let me know..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.