Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Bro, thanks in advance, hope you can help. (2003 Jetta)

Customer Question

Hey bro, thanks in advance, hope you can help. (2003 Jetta) whenever I try to start the car, the horn blows non-stop. The engine will start, but the horn continues to blow. I can see the LED indicator on the dash is flashing, but the one on the drivers door is not. I have tried to turn it off via unlocking the trunk, I tried disconnecting the battery to re-set the anti theft. I have looked for posts online with people having the same problem, but I haven't seen any yet.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,

• Defective Driver's Door Contact Switch F2
  • Failed Driver's Door Contact Switch F2 Wiring
  • Defective Front Passenger's Door Contact Switch F3
  • Failed Front Passenger's Door Contact Switch F3 Wiring
  • Defective Left Rear Door Contact Switch F10
  • Failed Left Rear Door Contact Switch F10 Wiring
  • Defective Right Rear Door Contact Switch F11
  • Failed Right Rear Door Contact Switch F11 Wiring
  • Defective Trunk Lock Alarm/Central Locking Switch F124
  • Failed Trunk Lock Alarm/Central Locking Switch F124 Wiring

Unfortunately in order to determine the cause you are going to need access to a factory compatible scan tool. See the steps to check it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alarm%20Sept%208.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to further clarify... The Anti-Theft LED indicator on the dash can not be turned off. The LED indicator on the drivers door can be turned off and on as it should.When attempting to start the car, the horn blows as soon as the key is turned. The car will start as it should, but the horn continues to blow. (This is a steady, continuous horn blow, not the intermittent beeping, typical of how alarms go off when triggered).
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The problem is very likely a fault with the alarm system and the place to start to determine the cause is going be you need to have the system scanned .