Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

200 VW Beetle Fuel door won't open when switch is pushed.

Customer Question

200 VW Beetle Fuel door won't open when switch is pushed. Can hear relay being activated in fuel door.
Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that whatever money you paid, or if you have a subscription, the money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That is normally a bad fuel door release actuator but you can see if the little rod is not moving far enough in to release the fuel door when the button is pushed.

.

I can get the instructions for the actuator if you need them.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Did you change your mind?