Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My Golf 1.4 Tsi DSG 122Hp lately loss power while driving.

Customer Question

my Golf 1.4 Tsi DSG 122Hp lately loss power while driving. On the dash board..it stay D7 flashing and when i slow the car down and accelerate again..it had difficult to shift from D1 to D7 and sometimes stuck at D3. if feels like fuel is not going thru and feel jerky. ECU ***** *****ght stay on. checked with garage and they diagnosed a spat of bad fuel and advise try not to use supermarket fuel if possible. First happened on 15 August.Then again on 29 August but this time ECU lite is not on. It happened third time last nite again momentary LOSS POWER BUT ecu light NOT ON. On all occasions i turned off ignition and wait a couple of minutes and restart engine. all faults seem gone!! Leave car over night on own driveway and next day car runs normal... please help ! Thank you.. AnthonyXXXX
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. Anthony was a scan test performed on the vehicle to see what fault codes are stored in the engine and transmission modules ? need to check this first before narrowing down the issue and root cause. thanks