sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2009 VW CC with turbo charged 4 cyl. engine. It

Customer Question

I have a 2009 VW CC with turbo charged 4 cyl. engine. It shudders when it starts up and runs rough with low power. Check engine light and EPC are on. Error codes are 300, 301, 303 and 506.
What do I need to do to fix this?
Category: VW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0506 sets when idle speed is lower than intended and may be setting because of the engine running poorly.

The other codes are misfire codes. there are many things that will cause misfires ranging from ignition, fuel, wiring, the engine controller itself, or cylinder sealing issues.

The cylinders in question are one and three. Have you checked for spark on these cylinders and checked spark plug condition?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying to help me. However the information you provided is exactly what Autozone told me and therefore no help. I replaced all spark plugs and 506 is gone but the other error codes remain. What do I need to do to resolve these? Check engine and EPC are still lit. Can you give me a list of steps to take to isolate and correct this problem?