Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

The condenser fan will not go on gh so the a/c will not work

Customer Question

The condenser fan will not go on high so the a/c will not work the cond enser is grtting to hot cant cool freon
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

what is the running pressures of the ac system when on?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the fans ran a jumper wires both fans run on high speed with 12 volts so what is the problem
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i have asked what is the pressures of the a/c system . that determines alot before going into the cooling fans . a set of gages is needed to see if the compressor is pumping, the expansion valve is doing its job.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i can say change this and change that and what happens if it does not correct the issue . waste of time and money . that is why we need to eliminate things that are not needed to get to the root cause! does that make sense?