Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have spent a lot of time and money on a 2008 volkswagen

Customer Question

I have spent a lot of time and money on a 2008 volkswagen golf city 2.0 liter. I have changed the spark plugs,changed intake manifold gasket,smoke tested for vaccum leaks cleaned the map sensor,repaired exhaust leak,changed o2 sensor with a new bosch, tested fuel pressure@ 36psig, changed fuel filter. I cannot go past 40 km the engine light comes on. My scanner shows bank 1 sensor1 bounces between .996 to 1.018 ratio. Could you please tell what to check next I am at a loss as i am trying to pass an emission test for new plates.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I need to get some more info

first what the code ? i need the Pxxxx code. second what scan tool are you using please. make and model

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry after all that I forgot to give you the code . The code is po 171 I am using an Actron Plus brand new
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle is a 2008 volkswagen golf city 2.0 litre 145,000 km
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

can you read sensor data when running with your scan tool?