Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I have a 2008 VW passat 2.0 turbo.The large cooling fan will

Customer Question

I have a 2008 VW passat 2.0 turbo.The large cooling fan will not shut off even with ignition off.
Category: VW
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.

Since you have already replaced the coolant temp sensor and it did not stop the problem, It sounds like you have a bad coolant fan control module.It is built in the the radiator fan assembly.You will need to replace the complete fan assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is only 1 temp sensor on this model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced temp sensor. Then per your advice I replaced the cooling fan assembly. Fan still starts as soon as battery is connected. Now what?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Different expert here.
If you are still having an issue and need help, I need to know if the check engine light is on and whether you have access to a scan tool that can monitor live data.
I also need the 17 digit VIN number to ensure I pull the correct schematics that might be needed for testing