EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My battery was dead in my 2010 Jetta TDI, so I follow the

Customer Question

My battery was dead in my 2010 Jetta TDI, so I follow the manual to remove the battery, charged the battery on a slow charger, and started putting the battery like the owner's manual said to. Well, I put the positive terminal on first, then started to put the negative terminal and the alarm and lights went crazy. The manual said turn off all electrical consumers of. How do you do thar with no power in the car. I even tried connecting the negative. It didn't work. I know there has to be a way. I need your help. xxx xxxxxxx
Category: VW
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. First thing to try is to leave the battery disconnected. Then turn the ignition to ON. Then hook up the positive cable first then the negative. Leaving the ignition in the ON position. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric: That procedure did not work.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Is your alarm an aftermarket add on, or do you have the factory alarm?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Have you solved this problem or do you need more assistance? Thank you for using Just Answer and please rate my service today. Thank you.