Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

05 vw beetle battery fuse panal melted replace it ck all

Customer Question

05 vw beetle battery fuse panal melted replace it ck all wiring to it .ck fans alternate cable . customer beetle just burned to the ground
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Was the alternator harness from the alternator to the fuse box replaced ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but I did ck it for resists and felt for warmness also put deli lite on all connection drove it for 10 mile with everthing on we live in 110 deg ax heat after driving it reck. It everything ck out customer said before car cote fire smoke coming from ac switch in dash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer my replie
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

the way to check that wire is to perform voltage drop while the alternator is charging and over .100 v drop on the wire resistance is built up which then creates heat and then smoke comes next. there also may have been an issue with the a/c switch inside . bad contact which then high resistance and heat and then smoke

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

just checking if you still need any more help

if not..... please read below!!!

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT ! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang