Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

I have a 2000 Passat wagon 4 motion with a V6-V30 engine. It

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a 2000 Passat wagon 4 motion with a V6-V30 engine. It has high oil pressure. Each time we fix a leak it comes out another spot\. The cost to have it repaired this time is extremely high due to the time time to fix it. I would love to keep this car if we can find out what is causing the high pressure
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin it is unlikely that you have high oil pressure more likely that the engine has high crankcase pressure . Very carefully with engine running try to remove oil cap and let me know of the result there shouldn't be and real pressure pushing or pulling against cap

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin
Thank you for responding. I started the engine, let it run for a moment, removed the cap and did not feel any pressure coming off or going on.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Have you actually had the oil pressure tested by garage ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They never said the tested it. They just said that the pressure was causing the leaks. And that once they fix the leaks there was no guarantees that it would not start leaking some where else.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

There are tools to test oil pressure they need to do this before going any further as they don't yet know if oil pressure is high or if engine is breathing heavy this will give you an answer before chasing another oil leak at least then you will know where you stand before spending Hugh sums of money only to end up with another oil leak