Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

We have a 1998 carbrio the drivers side door won't open from

Customer Question

we have a 1998 carbrio the drivers side door won't open from the inside we have the door off but don't know which part to replace
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

with the panel off you have a rod that goes from the handle to the latch if you pull the handle rod foreward with the door unlocked does it open? is the handle broken where it does not move the rod?

please let me know