Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Danny we have a 2005 Passat 2.0turvo 130, miles properly

Customer Question

Danny we have a 2005 Passat 2.0turvo 130, miles properly oils service original owner. Low oil pressure lite keeps coming on and quickly off. The dealer and have put a gage and oil press at idle is 40 and driving at 53 both steady not up and down. Dealer is suggesting an engine flush. They don't thinks its the oil pump and the oil press. Switch was replaced just in case and the lead wire Fron oil switch to harness was also replaced because it was bad. There is no ticking or nocking noise
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Oil pressure specifications are for an engine at 80*C. Typical specs are:
idle = 1.4-1.7 bar (17-23 PSI)
2000 RPM = 2.5-4.5 bar (36-65 PSI)

Odds are a flush is not needed being your at 40 plus psi

Unplug the ABS module and test drive the vehicle. If the oil pressure warning light does not come on with the ABS module unplugged but will come on with the module plugged in, then the most likely explanation is a failed ABS unit. The ABS unit is very common for failing in this Passat and can backfeed voltage to the instrument cluster. This can affect tachometer and oil pressure warning operations.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris