Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

My 1976 bug suddenly stoped running.I found that I was not

Customer Question

my 1976 bug suddenly stoped running.I found that I was not getting power to term88b on double relay,I replaced the relay with new one and soon had the same problem again., can get it to run by jumping term#86c to term#88b
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The terminal 88b is the power supply to the fuel injectors. There must be a high current draw causing the contacts inside the relay to fail. The wire feeds into a resistor block and from there four wires to each injector. To my mind there must be a fault with either the wires or one of the fuel injectors...something like a short that is not constant ( a wire some where going to ground at times.) or a faulty fuel injector that is causing a high current draw.

To find this problem you will have to inspect the wiring from the relay to the resistor bock and from there to the fuel injectors. If you find the wiring to be in order isolate on fuel injector at a time and see if the problem dissapear.

This information should lead you to where the fault is but if you need more please do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.