gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

My ac gives a ssing sound with ac on after recharge. This

Customer Question

My ac gives a hissing sound with ac on after recharge. This could only be heard in the cabin. The hissing sound weakers as i go higher rpm. What could be the problem.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Was the A/C work done in a shop, or at home? Was it fully evacuated, sucked down to a vacuum, then refilled with the correct amount of freon by weight? It is only with the A/C on, you are sure it is not an air sound? Does it change with fan speed at all, or just with rpm? It's possible that there are particles stuck in the orifices of the A/C that can only be removed by backflushing the A/C system, VW has a special attachment for their A/C machine that will do this to remove foreign matter after a compressor failure or other issue.