internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.
63512786

Brandon, Can you give me a little clarification. The tires

Customer Question

Hello Brandon, Can you give me a little clarification. The tires that came withteh car are 16 inch. My spare is 165/95 R15. I am wondering why I cannot put four snows with 15 inch rims on the car. Is it performance, suspension ot something else? Thanks
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Under Volkswagen snow tire specification they do not recommend going under 15 inches due to performance issue. In any case, making the overall wheel/tire combo smaller affect suspension geometry. 16 is the lower they recommended.
From my personal mechanic experience you will be OK and can drive safety within the 15 inches wheel. Just remember to drive the car within the speed limit.
Thank you!