Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Could you help with the radio code on my New BETTLE vin =

Customer Question

Could you help with the radio code on my New BETTLE vin = 3VWCA21C6YM427655
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

The radio needs to be pulled to get the radio code. There is a 14 digit VWZ serial #. I need that serial # ***** assist

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I wanted to avoid. My local VW dealership told me the same thing. Can you help me get the code on a 15 year old Beetle with only the VIN? The dealership said that they couldn't.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

absolutely no way the key is the serial # ***** the radio itself. I wish it was the vin way!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to be charged for the answer I received since the information you gave me was not helpful. Thank you.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i understand fully!