Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

WOW thanks didn't expect this. 2004 Jetta DLS 75K Automatic.

Customer Question

WOW thanks didn't expect this . 2004 Jetta DLS 75K Automatic. Reverse stopped working. Idea?
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to just Answer.

The problem might be that the solenoid is sticking and does not open the oil passage to activate the reverse gear. The transmission oil has a tendency to form a sticky substance that cause this to happen. To remedy this would entail removing the transmission oil plan along with the solenoid bank and clean them and or replace if they are faulty. At times they burn/overheat and become faulty. You might very well also have fault codes stored in the ECM about this problem.

Will also be a good idea to replace the oil filter on the inside of the transmission as they do become clogged.

This should answer your question but should you need more information and or assistance please do not hesitate

to ask.

greetings,

Martin.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the problem resolved,do you need more assistance.
Just ask and I will do my best to help you.
Greetings,
Martin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have not resolved the problem. We got estimate at a local transmission shop of $2500. There is an additional electrical issue with the shift lever.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

I really do not understand why the people in your country ask so much money for the job as they can do this in and around one and a half hours time.

Greetings,

Martin.