Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Tech
Experience:  30 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

I have a 2010 vw cc luxury edition. The immobilizer needs to

Customer Question

I have a 2010 vw cc luxury edition. The immobilizer needs to be reset. Is there a way to do this without towing the vehicle to a vw dealer? I only have 1 key. thanks.
Category: VW
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
The only chance you have to reset it is to use the key and then lock, then unlock the driver side door then try to start it. Do NOY use the FOB,,use the key. If no go, try the passenger side (if equipped with key lock)
If still no go, then yes...it will have to be towed to the damn dealer. Sorry i hate to have tell people that but i have to be honest.
Try the key and hopefully it will recognize it and unlock the security system.
LJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no external key lock on this car. The only way to unlock is with the key fob. I've put fresh batteries in the key fob but it still will not lock/unlock the doors or open the trunk. Also the buttons for the trunk & fuel door on the inside of the drivers door will not work. When the car is on auxiliary it does not show a car/key light on the dash. It does however show a EPC light.

Thanks,

Now i'm thinking that a fuse has blown when it had the jump start. Very common to happen.

Do you have a 12 volt test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wasn't jumped. The vehicle starts and runs for a few seconds then shuts off. Has plenty of battery power. I've checked fuses visually, didn't find any blown. Any fuse in particular I should double check?
This car has the type of key that the fob inserts all the way into the dash. No turn key on the steering column.
Very frustrating.

Now it sounds like a fuse may have blown when it was jumped. If you have a 12 volt test light you can easily test every single fuse by turning the key on and probe both ends of each fuse and make sure it lights uo on both ends of the fuse. Check the fuses under the hood and the ones inside the car. If all is good, i hate to tell you but You won't be able to reset the immobilizer at home, can only be done with a Vw capable scan tool trough the online Vw server ...ugh...i hate these systems!

LJ

Any further questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. Sorry you couldn't help. Had to have it towed 35 miles to the vw dealer.
I can only tell you the t***** *****ke i said earlier.
"can only be done with a Vw capable scan tool trough the online Vw server"
I gave you the honest answer my friend!
LJ