Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2010 jetta tdi, desplays ESP error and will not start. Could

Customer Question

2010 jetta tdi, desplays ESP error and will not start. Could it be a poor battery connection? I do see some corrosion on battery terminal
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't forget about me,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
often in 10 minutes"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question was simple, and it has been nearly 12 hours
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It is possible if the battery cables are corroded it could keep the engine from cranking, start first with having the battery tested and give the cables a good cleaning. The ESP light comes on when the system system sees a system fault and in most cases when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. If after cleaning the battery cable and the problem returns then the next steps is going to need to be to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault code and or codes are and those will need to be addressed. Let get the battery check first and the cable cleaned and see if that solves the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I assume no reply is your reply?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
My reply is posted above and Have you done what I suggested?