Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2009 beetle, power windows work when the doors are open but

Customer Question

2009 beetle, power windows work when the doors are open but not when they are shut
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are known issues with a broken wire and or wires in the door jam wiring harness . I would start first with removing the rubber boot from the body to the door at the door that affects the window operation and inspect the harness coming through from the body to door looking for signs of any broken wires and if found repair them .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had a chance to get into the car yet, when i do i will let you know
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing, I'm here if need be.