vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2012 touareg and the driver side door locks (the

Customer Question

I have a 2012 touareg and the driver side door locks (the button inside the car) work intermittently as well as the set button. I was able to program both key fobs and they worked fine but now the keys will not reset seat settings and pushing the 1,2, or 3 buttons will not reset seats either. The light on the set button does not light up. Key fobs work fine unlocking doors and hatch.
Any suggestions on what the problem might be?
Category: VW
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.

you have two separate problems the first is you have a failing door lock button that only works sometimes, the second is the seat memory issue, it is hard to guess what the problem is for this issue, it could be a module or the buttons or a wiring issue, you really need a VW specific scantool to see what is going on in the control module, but for sure the door lock button is going bad, this is a common problem