Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Looking panel info -- need to check for fuses think i found

Customer Question

looking for fuse panel info -- need to check for blown fuses
think i found the page
gas port cover does not pop opendo power windows have fuses and power locks?
replaced battery over weekend in car -- some electrical stuff does not work -- windows, locks, gas port. radio fine. want to check fuses. car sat idle and may have been very moist.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it si spossible that it is the "ccm" under the carpet, not a fuse. but i would like to check the fuses first.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

please take the carpet up on the drivers side front and look for the black box . open the box and see if there is moisture there and corrosion .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there will be moisture -- the floor is soaked wet and I have used a shop vac as much as possible to suck out water. i thought it was from a window being open but based on my reading there is a leak of some kind in the Passat for which it is notorious.I shall remove the carpet and look into the CCM box -- I suspect it is wet and corroded based on evrything I read.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

yes the leak either is the pollen filter housing, the sunroof drains clogged causing the drain to over flow at the connection from the duckbill to drain hose , or the door regulator seals of each door not sealed correctly causing when its raining it bleeds in causing a flood inside the car

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Wolfgang -- I did view your answer. Thanks. I have pulled the carpet away from the side, I siphoned out about an inch of water in which the black box is sitting, I'm running a fan to dry things out more, but I can't figure out how to slide the electric power chair back to make it possible to raise the carpet up more!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

did you take the cover off of the black box to see if there was any corrosion?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wolfgang, I have not been able to pull the carpet up enough yet to get the black box out. The seat is almost all the way forward (electric - does not work) and I'm having some difficulty with where the carpet is attached to the right of the door opening. Running a fan now to dry out things as much as possible before proceeding with further carpet loosening efforts.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

got it just let me know!!