vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Have a 2004 vw jetta. Cranks over but won't start. Blows #37

Customer Question

have a 2004 vw jetta. Cranks over but won't start. Blows #37 fuse. How do I fix this?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I do need a vin # ***** get the correct wiring diagram to trace out fuse 37

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3VWSE69M34M048448
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where's my answer????
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok . Sorry for the delay had an emergency with the family!! can you inspect the coil harness for any breaks in the insulation or cracks . what happens if you unplug the coils and inset another fuse and turn on the ignition does the fuse blow?