gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

In my 2000vw gti there is a temp reading on the left side of

Customer Question

In my 2000vw gti there is a temp reading on the left side of the display screen whenever that temperature is reading 40 degrees or less the ax starts to blow warm air and only when I tool the windows down the temp slowly starts to rise the ax will kick back on and start to blow cold air but only for a few minutes until that temp drops then it starts to blow warm air what is the problem is it like a thermostat? Issue
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

That is the cabin temperature sensor, which is built into that HVAC module

Customer: replied 1 year ago.