Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I have a 2000 vw bug that I just purchased. It's a 5 speed.

Customer Question

I have a 2000 vw bug that I just purchased. It's a 5 speed. However I can't get it to go any faster than 40 mph. What's wrong.
Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks