vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Danny I have an 04 beetle 2.0. The EPC light comes on and I

Customer Question

Hi Danny I have an 04 beetle 2.0. The EPC light comes on and I lose throttle. I have changed the MAF and about one year ago the crank sensor. So, could this only mean that it's the throttle body? I heard that it can mean that the pressure regulator hose could be leaking is this true?
Category: VW
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

The EPC light (electronic power Control) comes on when you have a throttle problem , there are two sensors at the gas pedal and sensors at the throttle body ,you will need to scan the vehicle for trouble codes to figure which one is setting the light on.

As the first step I would clean the throttle body really good ,reset the code(EPC light) and test drive the vehicle to see if problem goes away.

Good luck , let me know.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok cleaned it good ran better, but still the eoc light came on and on hard acceleration it losses throttle and does not respond. Checked the code and its giving me a MAF high flow read P0103. I replaced the MAF. Still have same problem.