gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I just replaced my brakes and rotors on my 99 Volkswagen

Customer Question

I just replaced my brakes and rotors on my 99 Volkswagen Jetta the brakes feel great But the worn brake light came on and I checked the reservoir and its at max why is this happening
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a VR6, with the pad wear sensors that have to be plugged in to a sensor on the new pads?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pad ware Sensors but my car is the new body style mk4 and I made sure it was plugged in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is a 2.0
Manuel
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I've had a number of issues with the pad wear sensor connectors not fully clicking into place, or having corrosion so it still sets of the alarm. You can try unplugging one at a time, using a paperclip or similar to jump the connector, and turning on the key to see if the alarm stays off. You may find one that is not fully clicked into place, or possibly even the wiring is broken.

Make sure it is the pad warning light- the circle with the lines around it (0)

The brake fluid level light is the same as the parking brake warning light, just the "brake" warning.