Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

My daughter ran her 2012 VW jetta up on a median and now

Customer Question

My daughter ran her 2012 VW jetta up on a median and now something is leaking and it will not move forward or backward. No check engine light is on, car starts, ac runs, etc
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin where abouts is leak coming from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. She said she ran it up about 2 feet onto the median. Happened in New Orleans a few hours ago. Tires are not damaged body is not damaged so I'm assuming she "high centered" it.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Is car auto?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is automatic
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok from the symptoms of no drive and leak my guess it either the auto box cooler has breached or the gearbox has been damaged causing a leak I would recommend not running car at all and get it trailered to garage for inspection as if car isn't run it's unlikely further damage will be caused and just the leak will need to be fixed and gearbox refilled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know a reputable repair shop for vw in New Orleans
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
I can't advise as I'm in the uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that it just needs fluid and has not damaged the transmission?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If car hasn't been driven yes it's likely just fluid replacement after leak has been fixed would solve problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this loss of fluid would keep the car from moving, rendering the transmission inoperable?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for delay yes ax acutely this the clutches and gears in the auto box a fluid pressure controlled if there is no fluid there's no pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there hoses that go to this gear box or cooler thing that could have come off?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hard metal pipes with hoses part way the cooler is basically another radiator at the front of car