Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My 2001 beetle warning lights keep coming on but it seems to

Customer Question

My 2001 beetle warning lights keep coming on but it seems to be running fine I want to put after market gauges on it but I can't find any where to put water temp ,oil temp,oil pressure I tried a tee but it showed no oil pressure I don't no what to do I put a new oil pump in and still no oil pressure
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

which warning lights are coming on please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are on the same page I am a vw junky for lack of a better term I have 13 vws this is my second water cooler . In the display on the right I believe it's water temp cuz first it's blue then red when it's warm,on the other side I believe it's oil temp/pressure it's red they both flash and beep the beep goes away when you speed up I have scanned it and all I get is a converter code and a low temp sending unit code .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I got the car it had been Sitting for 5 to 6 years and it had overheated on the previous owner I took the motor out and realize the head gasket was bad it had freeze plugs popped In the oil pan I found the backsplash skirt melted Andy oil pump was seized up I a replace the oil pump put a new head on it and clean out all the journals and everything all blocked and put it back in the car It has been running alright except I had to fix about 10 water leaks and the heater core and a couple oil leaks the drain plug which is leaking more than I can pore in lol but all that is fixed
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

were the rod and mains bearings replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they wernt I no it got hot but actually they looked good and it has 45,000 miles on it and it has great compression and runs great
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

the oil light coming on tells me when hot low oil pressure. did you verified pressure with a manual gauge to make sure its not the pressure switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't but that is where I was going next I am going to do that right now
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

please do i need to know what is the pressure hot at idle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I got new sending units and their no difference hear is what I think . I think that the oil journals are plugged and no oil is getting to the head but I am open to anything I will try anything possible and I can't find one port that gives oil pressure
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

is there clatter in the upper end when hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
their is and a lose of power I am thinking about putting a half gallon of diesel and drive for a hundred miles then do a oil change
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

you can try that . did you check the pickup screen to make sure no debris ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm the son of the Volkswagen fanatic. Last night he fell down a flight of staies and fractured some vertebrae in his lower back. He is currently in recovery from an emergency surgery and is expected to make a full recovery, but he will be spending a lot of time in his chair for a while, and may not be able to work on his cars like he used to. He wanted me to say thank you very much for all that you did helping him and he is very grateful, and would recommend you to anyone.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok!! hope he feels better!!

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang