Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volkswagen: 2011 jetta tdi wipers stopped while we where driving

Customer Question

2011 jetta tdi wipers stopped while we where driving so we stopped to try to fix them after a while they started working again but the car would not start. everything else works, when you turn the key to start P/N comes on in the dash and with the switch on the car in par light is flashing. Battery checks ok, I have not found any bad fuses.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I assume it will not event crank?Will it crank and start in neutral?Which light is flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, it will not crank. That includes in neutral. The p light near gear stick is flashing.
Do you have access to a diagnostic tool so we can check for codes and shifter position issues in the VESCM?Lets try and trick it, by pushing power to the starter signal wire with the key on to see if will crank and start. Use the link below. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine will run with no problem. However, no the car will not move no matter what gear it is in. Also, will not go in gear when I apply the brake. Cannot put in gear without using the override button, and whatever gear you put it in the corresponding light flashes, i.e. p, n, d, etc.
Thanks for the update.Below are the files for diagnosing the shift lock. Do you have direct shift or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the fuses was in the wrong place
Glad you got it resolved.