chris
chris, Expert VW technician
Experience:  Almost 10 years experiance, top technician western region, Team leader
31662608

Volkswagen Eos 2.0T: 2007 Vw eos 2.0tI decided earlier today,

Customer Question

2007 Vw eos 2.0t
I decided earlier today, it would be a good day to clean the rubber seals for the back glass portion of the hard top. Turned the ignition on and left it on the entire time. I pressed the button to put the top down. The windows all rolled down, the sunroof opened, and the back glass started to lift up. I would get out and start cleaning the seals. It would work its way back down, I would race back in and try to put it back up. I decided after the third time to put a tall cardboard box under it. To keep the window from coming all the way down. It seemed to work. I did notice a short while later I saw on the message center MC something about temprature too hot. I sped things up a bit, and got done. I lifted the back glass up gently and let the box out of the way. I went back in and tried to put the top up all the way. That didn't work so I tried to put it up all the way and that didn't work either. It showed the trunk to be open on the mc. I can open and close the sunroof, and all the windows except the driver front. The MC reads "System error - No conv top operation" and doesn't do anything. I can't even open the trunk from driver door, key fob, or even the emergency release behind rear center console. MC says the trunk is open. I did notice that during normal operations, when the back glass comes down there are two hinges, one on each side that is supposed to hold the bottom corner of the rear glass locked into place, both fingers one on each side is in the locked position yet the thing the hook onto on the back glass frame is above it so it's not locked down. I have tried disconnecting the battery, tried turning the car on and off, nothing. I can't access the trunk area to release the pressure in the hydraulic system either . I've read somewhere out there where someone was able to lift up the back glass and was able to let the vehicle see that the top was back where it left off.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what is described here it sounds like the motor/pump for the top over heated and set fault codes.Usually these codes need cleared out with a scan tool that will communicate with all computers in your vehicle for the system to operate again.If this has not been tried I would have this done.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already knew that a special scan tool could solve my problem, I'm wanting to know if there is any other way to atleast get the top up and get into the trunk?
There is a manual procedure on closing and opening the top.I can post it here but the first step is to have the trunk open to bypass the pump for the top.I looked into a manual release for the trunk and unfortunately there isn't one.The best thing to do here is for the codes to be checked and possibly reset to see if this corrects the fault.If you want the manual procedure for the top let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have the procedure to manually let the top down as you mentioned. I cant get into the trunk to do so. I have manually try to open the trunk via the trunk emblem and the pull handle behind the rear console lid.
The trunk may be locked out from being opened even manually due to the top issue here.I don't show a procedure on how this is opened manually myself.
You may have to see a dealer or repair facility for this or a lock smith to see if the trunk can be opened to then lower or raise the top manually.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have figured that out. As I've exhausted every option. I guess it's time to send it to the dealer.
O.k.,if you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how this works, I would like to know if basically I can get into the trunk to manually let the top back into its place. If you think there maybe someone who knows the answer without using dealer resources I'm open to that, otherwise this was just a waste of time and I should hurry the car to the dealer.
I will open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist more on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.If no one replies then you may want to see a dealer or repair facility.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
The only way to reset the top is to take it to a dealer they have to use a scan tool and do what is called a force close to reset the top