John, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, VW master tech
20104412

Volkswagen: when I try to start my 04 Jetta no dashboard lights

Customer Question

when I try to start my 04 Jetta no dashboard lights at all except for the battery light comes on car starts and then immediately sh
uts off
Category: VW
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
The issue is the electrical side of the ignition switch. It's not sending the signals to the immobilizer in the cluster and that's why you have no lights coming on
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Making a deposit doesn't pay me. If you’re satisfied with this answer, I would appreciate it if you would take the time to rate my service accordingly, as this is how I get paid. Thank you
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
does the immobilizer light flash