John, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, VW master tech
20104412

Volkswagen Beetle 2.5: My vw top won't come up... the button

Customer Question

My vw top won't come up... the button broke... how can I get it up manually ?
Category: VW
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
check in the trunk for a "T" handle, if you have one this is the pressure release handle for the top. If not then you will have to manually release it at the hold down latches. If you push back on the slides you'll see the latches. pull on the tab and lift up on the roof. Then go to the other side and do the same thing. then you should be able to left it to the closed position. It might be in the owners manual
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Making a deposit doesn't pay me. If you’re satisfied with this answer, I would appreciate it if you would take the time to rate my service accordingly, as this is how I get paid. Thank you
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.