Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ , SAE member
30385560

I had someone check fuses on my car to fix my radio,

Customer Question

hello, I had someone check fuses on my car to fix my radio, now my fan isn't blowing when I have heat or air on. Can you direct me on which fuse I should check to fix this...if it is the fuse.
Category: VW
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Which exact make, model, year vehicle do you have?
do you have any other problems (electrical) than the fan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 VW Jetta 2.5.....Yes, the radio stopped functioning after my car was jumped...when the fuses were checked for that issue the fan stopped blowing, but the heat and air come on.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
This is the interior fan we're talking about, and please correct me if i'm wrong.
In this case, you need to get to the fuse box on the left side of the instrument panel (where the door closes), and check fuse number 22. This would be a 30 amp fuse, that powers the fresh air blower.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, its the interior fan for forced air & heat. Its a bad situation because if it rains, my front defrost doesn't work. That fuse is fine but I replace it anyway and it's still not functioning. Could it possibly the fuse on the actual blower behind the glove box?
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
On the blower, there is the fuse and the resistor pack.
If any of these is faulty, it will cause this.
So check the fuse at the back, and while at it, check with ignition on, and blower turned on (by the controls) if getting power supply to the fuse, so we confirm the culprit.
Kindly get back to me with the results or if further assistance is needed.
Regards,
Billy