vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

03 vw golf 1.9 tdi turbo diesel. Broke timing belt, I Need

Customer Question

03 vw golf 1.9 tdi turbo diesel. Broke timing belt, I Need view of timing marks & cylinder head sequence& torque specs. When i start this, do i have to bleed fuel system, or is there a specific way to do this?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. I do need a vin # ***** see which diesel engine you have to get the information. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9BWGP61J934007052 Manufactured 7/02
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
ok on your vehicle there is lock down tools needed for the injector pump and the camshaft . do you have them? they are very critical on setting the main adjustment . and a scan tool VAG COM will be needed after the vehicle is running to fine tune the injector pump timing . please let me know if you have the lock down tools.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have these tools. What is there purpose? I bought this vehicle with a broken timing belt. It has a few bent valves. I took the head to the machine shop and now it is ready to reinstall. So I am actually starting from scratch. I am a mechanic but this is not my speciality!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
there is no timing marks for the camshaft and the injector pump so these special tools are absolutely necessary to set the coarse timing first then scan tool to fine tune the timing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are These tools avaliable throuh vw or snap on or mac? I noticed the cam gear had no keyway.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
snap on does offer the tools through assenmacher catalog .