Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Volkswagen Passat: overheating

Customer Question

overheating
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.it still sounds as if you have air in the system,,it can be hard to get the air out of these ...
lets try bleeding the system this way.1-remove the radiator/reservoir cap when the engine is cold2-start the engine and let idle3-turn the heater on max4-keep coolant on hand and add it as needed5-spme coolant may gush out with the air6-keep doing this until the engine is at operating tempeture and the heater is hot7-after the coolant settles down and the engine is warm,,install the capThis maay take as long as 20-30 minutes
let me know if that worked.thanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did what you asked, again, even though i explained that I already have done this countless times and with no detailed information on the coolant system being provided, please opt out and let someone with specific experience handle this. thanks