chris
chris, Expert VW technician
Experience:  Almost 10 years experiance, top technician western region, Team leader
31662608

Volkswagen Jetta GL: I have a 2004 VW Jetta 2.0 bbw. I have

Customer Question

I have a 2004 VW Jetta 2.0 bbw. I have a code p2177 system too lean at ideal bank one. So far checked for vacuum leaks found none. Changed maf sensor O2 sensor top and bottom and exhaust temp sensor and code still comes back
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has a really bad cold start as if there is a vacuum leak but once it is warmed up it starts up fine all day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I I just noticed I have 2004 written on there it is a 2001
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
with what you are describing you need a fuel pump, your pump is not giving the car enough fuel causing the lean condition at cruise, also the long crank because it is not holding residual fuel pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What psi should my fuel have
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
2.5 bar at idle and it should increase to around 4 bar at cruise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll check it out when I get home from work
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
let me know what you find
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
can you please remember to rate my service it is the only way i get compensated for my time and knowledge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a test on the fuel pump and I lose pressure but have great pressure when running. I looked into my fuel pump and its $600. do you know of any good websites to buy VW parts
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the fuel pump for this car is expensive even for aftermarket. This is the only year of Jetta that uses this fuel pump. It has the filter integrated into it. Your best bet is going to be to try to find it somewhere online. But it will be right around that price. But it will fix your issue