John, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, VW master tech
20104412

Volkswagen: My impala 2011 AC working good but in hot weather

Customer Question

My impala 2011 AC working good but in hot weather over 85 F when the car stop the hot air coming out of blower?
Category: VW
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like you have 1 of 3 issues. 1- being a low charge. If you have gauges the readings should be 30 on the low side and 150 on the high side, with A/C on. 2- your compressor has failed and isn't keeping up with the demand of the consumer. 3- the high speed fan isn't coming on, the A/C will not come on if the fans aren't coming on. It protects the engine
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has answered your question, if so please take a minute to rate me so I can get paid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi in first issue do you want i check charge for compresore or something else.the third issue i know the high speed fan it is work because of change noice show that.in issue second is came true what should i do change it? Anyway i need time to get chance go check charge in issue one.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Yes you'll need a set of A/C gauges to check the charge. This will tell you what is wrong with the A/C system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi three issue that you mention check by mechanics are not issue to the problem of my car. Sorry
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
okay but you'll need to hook up a set of gauges to the AC system. This is going to tell you everything. Once you do that tell me the gauge readings