Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

Volkswagen EOS: I am working on a 2009 VW EOS Komfort, trying

Customer Question

I am working on a 2009 VW EOS Komfort, trying to replace the AC high pressure switch. The replacement switch has been re-designed to allow it's installation via a deep-well socket, but the existing switch has to be removed using an open-end wrench. Problem is I can't get in there to get a wrench on the part. I believe that if I can remove the front bumper cover and pull the AC condenser and radiator forward, I can reach the part. However, I haven't been able to get the front bumper cover removed. I've followed directions on this page, but I think it must be for a different year vehicle: http://www.justanswer.com/vw-volkswagen/85ojv-volkswagen-eos-lux-remove-whole-headlight-assembly.html
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I can get you directions for the 2009 EOS bumper removal but that really isnt necessary. Use a crow's foot socket and ratchet and you can loosen and remove the switch without removing the bumper cover.
If you still want directions to pull the bumper rather than use a crow's foot socket, let me know and I will upload directions
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks