vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen CC: I have a 2009 VW CC 4CL and it started making

Customer Question

I have a 2009 VW CC 4CL and it started making a weird humming/buzzing sound that seems to come from pretty much the center of the car behind the instrument panel. Last week, the "Front Right Parking Light Not Working" warning came on, and that's when the humming started. I checked the light, and it was working fine, but it did seem dimmer on the passenger side. I replaced the bulb, and the error did not go away. I swapped out the bulb and housing on the driver side with the passenger side, but I still get the error on the passenger side. The other odd thing is when I flash the high beams, I can see the passenger side kind of flicker and the humming sound amplifies a lot, and when I turn off the high beams, the humming goes back to normal.
Also, around the same time, the AC stopped blowing cold air consistently. It seems to coincide with the humming sound - when the humming starts, the AC blows warm/hot air, when the humming stops, it starts blowing cold again. When I drove it this morning (after it had been sitting in my garage overnight), it was fine the whole way to work. The AC was cranked up high and very cold. But if I drive for 30 - 40 minutes, and then stop and start it back up, the air doesn't blow cold (pretty consistently), so it almost seems like it's getting overheated? On the way home today after stopping, the humming was pretty constant, and I had no cold air.
I've checked all of the fuses, but I don't see any blown. The humming sound definitely sounds electrical to me (maybe a relay, but I have no idea how to find out which one)?
Do you think the 2 are related or just coincidence?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, one thing I just noticed. Since it's now really dark, I checked my headlights (normal low beams), and the passenger side is noticeably dimmer than the driver side (like half as bright). I just replaced the headlights at the same time about 2 months ago. I tried switching them, and it's the same thing - the passenger side is dimmer. With the hood up and high beams on, the humming sound definitely sounds like it's coming from the fuse panel (the one next to the battery, not the instrument fuse panel inside). Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd mention it...
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. i do need a vin # ***** the vehicle to get the correct factory wiring diagram. also was there any recent work done to the vehicle recently? any accidents?