vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Golf GL: Neal, I have a 2002 VW Golf. It won't

Customer Question

Hello Neal, I have a 2002 VW Golf. It won't start. It will turn over but not start. New fuel filter.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
First, remove the fuel line and run it into a glass jar, and see if you get fuel when cranking. If so, go to the next step, set up for a spark test and make sure you have spark at the plugs. Let me know how these tests turn out. Make sure the Check Engine Light comes on when you turn the key on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The check engine light is on, new spark plugs. Still sounds like not getting any fuel. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
Do you have fuel getting up to the fuel rail? Did you check for fuel flow by directing the hose into a bottle? Did you do a spark test, or just replace the plugs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a spark. Don't know what the fuel rail is. It almost started but you can tell it's not getting gas.