vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Passat: Getting error message ESP

Customer Question

Getting error message ESP
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. Can you elaborate more on your issue please . any messages on the dash? does the check engine light come on key on engine off in the dash . the more info the better thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the lights come on and the message in dashboard is as mentioned before "error: ESP", no smells. Also briefly message of airbag error displayed right before this occurred.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for answer
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
will the engine crank over but it will not start or no crank at all?