Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

Volkswagen Beetle: My daughters 2000 vw broke down and we took

Customer Question

My daughters 2000 vw broke down and we took it to a shop to have it repaired. They told us that the cam position sensor was bad. But they didn't have the time to work to work on it. I had it towed to my house and bought a kit that came with the sensor, belt, tensioner & water pump.
I replaced all of the above but it will not start it tries to it fires but sounds to be out of time. Both cam and the crank are at TDC The tensioner is adjusted correctly. Any thought on what I am missing?
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin let's see what we can do Ok so the cam is perfectly lined up with mark and so is crank I suspect that you have a crank sensor fault not cam when you are turning car over what is it doing
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
I'm still here if you need help