vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2012 VW Passat. I locked my keys in the car by accident

Customer Question

I have a 2012 VW Passat. I locked my keys in the car by accident and my valet key will not open the driver side door. Should the valet key be able to unlock my car? If not, what can I do. I had one key in my purse and the other in my coat pocket and the door locked when I closed it -- not sure how it happened. My purse, cell phone, groceries -- everything locked in the car.
Category: VW
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
The valet key should unlock the car.
Is it entering the slot? is it turning?
PS: it might be a bit hard to turn, as the mechanical lock is rarely used it becomes a bit sticky.