peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2007 v8 touareg that overheated and went through three

Customer Question

I have a 2007 v8 touareg that overheated and went through three thermostats in a year and a half my car now feels like it has a loss of power but dealer is telling me nothing is wrong any ideas what could be going on with it
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In some cases a cylinder head gasket can leak with repeat over heat issues.If the engine compression has not been tested to see if this is a cylinder head gasket leak this needs done.If a leak is found it will need to be repaired.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did take the car to the dealer and they just keep saying its running great and can't find anything wrong I also know with this car they have to remove the timing chain to get to the thermostat and thought it might be an issue with the gasket leaking or someone also mentions the cataliic converters being damaged from heat