vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta TDI: Hey! I just had my 'entire' emissions

Customer Question

Hey! I just had my 'entire' emissions system replaced under epa warranty on my 2010 jetta tdi.
Now I have a p2413 message. VW wants another 1000 to replace the intake manifold saying its a leak. Does this sound right? Also got code P20D8. Not sure what to do.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
The runner for the flaps inside the intake manifold have failed and causing this issue , the reason it is a lot of money is because they do not sell the intake flap motor by it self its a complete unit with intake manifold and has to be replaced all as one complete unit we have seen this issue before . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we rely on this for our families thank you
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you we as experts rely on this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please help me understand why the 2 different error codes? Also no cleaning of the EGR was completed and from some research it seems that normally cleaning of the EGRs is standard procedure.
Also, we recently had our inter cooler replaced and some research stated that the codes could be related to issues with that.
Also, are you sure it is the runner for the flaps and not the linkage arm? Why?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
It can be the runner flaps or the linkage arm on the motor but vw sells them as one complete kit with a intake manifold , we used to have issues with the erg getting clogged with carbon but that was on the older version tdi models we dont see it much on these anymore like before and if theres a issue with the intake manifold it can effect the egr flow thats why its recommend to fix the intake manifold issue first . I hope this helps.Posiitve feedback is greatly appreciated thank you i will still help you on the issue after the feedback