vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Jetta: 04 jetta shuts down and will not restart.

Customer Question

04 jetta shuts down and will not restart. Go back to the car the next day. it starts perfect and runs perfect until it decides to do this all over again. Scanner shows no codes but, the first time it happened, the EPT light came on. That has not happened again
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Hello there I'm Wolfgang here to help. when the vehicle stalled and you tried to restart , in the dash, did the check engine light come on before cranking? please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,
Yesterday EPT light came on when it died. Waited 3 minutes, car restarted and ran perfect, no lights. This morning same thing. This time it did start idling high as if it may b running a bit lean ?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
to make sure and clear just the epc light would come on but not the check engine light when you turn the key on after it stalls to try to restart correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received any info pertaining to the problem with the Jetta. This has taken so much time with no helpful answers. I diagnosed the problem on my my own. Thanks anyway, I am requesting a refund. Regards, *****
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
i do understand fully . i have to get information from you to assist but since you have it resolved .